Friday, January 23, 2009

Pet Peeves and Gross Things

I keep telling myself I'm going to post more often, which actually means you are going to be subjected to some very boring stuff. It was a slow day at work and I got thinking about things that bug me so here are some of the highlights...

*I hate the corner pieces of things. Cake, brownies, you name it. It's all dry and crusty and yucky. In high school it never mattered what was served, I got the corners- casseroles, desserts, even jello. A conspiracy , I'm sure.

*Jammy pants (especially those with cartoon characters or that are fuzzy) and slippers are not outside pants and shoes. I'm all for yoga pants and sweats, but seriously, what the hell? You really don't own shoes?

*Fruit in a vegetable salad. That is just disgusting. Would you dip an apple in ranch dressing any other time? Grab a handful of raisins and pour dressing on that? Ew.

*Vegetables in jello. (ok, I'm seeing a food theme here...)

*Tomato horn worms. I stand by the belief that worms should not have feet. Frickin hate those things.

*I have a thing with how bread is arranged when you make a sandwich. The bumps on top have to be aligned, just like the way the came out of the bag. My dad finds this so funny that when we visit and have sandwiches he will take one piece of his bread and turn it sideways just to bug me.

*I cannot stand listening to people chew their food. I'm talking anything crunchy. Tops on the list of horrible sounding food... celery and corn on the cob. I am also convinced that people have different head acoustics. Some people make hardly any noise when they eat this stuff while others seem to have a sound magnifying system. Sometimes I even bug myself with my own chewing.

Ok, there you go. One more boring post complete!

3 comments:

Dannon said...

Ok.....funny post! I agree with all of them but one.....any guesses on which one??? Probably not a surprise here. How on earth can you think for a minute that lounge/jammy pants and slippers can't be worn away from home???? Holy cow....whatcha talkin about? What are people supposed to wear to buffets? What are you supposed to wear when you are home lounging and you just need one tiny little thing from the store? What are you supposed to wear when you have to drive your son just a mile or so to work and then straight back home and you don't plan to get out of the car? This concept just doesn't register with me! Lounge/jammie pants and slippers are a good thing Audra and should be an integral part of EVERYONE's wardrobe....inside and outside of the house! Try it once just for me.....please! It'll feel refreshing! And please photograph it so I can see it! :)

Audra said...

I totally knew that one would get you! Ok, I should have posted my exceptions to that rule...
1. It is ok for short trips when you are not getting out of the car.
2. It is ok in an emergency- trips to the ER, out of diapers or baby tylenol at 2am.
I stand by the no slippers for outside shoes!!
You so crack me up... and you don't know how bad I want to post the pic of you in jammy pants and your cow socks! :)

Dannon said...

There's no need to get drastic and go posting old pics of other people now! Careful, cuz I got some old ones of my own! :)